Emotional Health and Essential Oils
The natural properties found in essential oils produce a soothing, uplifting effect on the mind and emotions which allow for natural stress and depression relief. When an oil containing the optimum level of therapeutic constituents is diffused or applied topically, the result fosters a sense of emotional balance and well-being.
Smell is the only
one of the five
linked to the limbic
the brain. From
to stress, essential
oils have long been
oils or applying
them topically to
targeted areas of
function. To bring
yourself into a
natural state of
essential oils for
Regardless of your emotional health, the therapeutic properties harnessed in Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ (YLTG) oils can help you improve or regain an optimal state of emotional wellness.
Young Living's Most Popular Products for Emotional Wellness
- Feelings Collection: Features six essential oil blends formulated to promote emotional clearance and self renewal.
- Valor®: An empowering combination of oils designed to enhance an individual's internal resources.
- Peace & Calming®: Helps calm tensions and uplift the spirit.
- White Angelica™: A calming and soothing blend that encourages feelings of protection and security.
- Harmony™: Promotes physical and emotional well-being.
- Release™: Facilitates the ability to release anger and frustration.
- Clarity™: Promotes a clear mind and alertness.
- Gratitude™: Designed to elevate the spirit, calm emotions, and bring relief to the body.
- Trauma Life™: Formulated to help release buried emotional trauma
Using Essential Oils
Inhaling essential oils heightens the senses and can trigger numerous desired responses in the body. Follow these guidelines when using essential oils for inhalation:
- Inhale directly—simply smell them.
- Diffuse the oils using a diffuser, which disperses the oil in a micro-fine vapor into the air. The diffuser will not heat the oils, thus ensuring full benefits, as extreme heat can damage important constituents in the oil.
- Use with a humidifier. Put a tissue or small cloth, sprinkled with a few drops of oil, in front of the escaping steam. (Do not put essential oil in your humidifier. It will float on top of the water instead of rising with the water vapor and may cause damage to your humidifier.)
- Carefully pour hot water into a bowl and add a few drops of essential oil. Cover your head and bowl in a tent-like fashion with a towel. Breathe deeply and slowly.
Topical application of many essential oils is safe and can offer an enjoyable, relaxing experience. For topical application, follow these simple steps:
- Carefully tip the oil bottle and place 2–3 drops in the palm of your hand or directly on the desired application area.
- If dropping oil in your hand, rub palms together in a circular motion and then massage oil onto the desired point of application. If applying directly to the desired area, use your hand to massage the oil in a circular motion into the skin. Repeat if desired.
- Caution: Essential oils are very potent and some may be irritating to the skin. If irritation occurs, immediately apply pure vegetable oil such as V-6™ Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex to the area to dilute. Please read label directions for each individual oil before using.
Many essential oils make excellent food flavorings or dietary supplements. To use essential oils for internal consumption, Young Living suggests these methods:
- Place several drops of oil into an empty capsule and swallow the capsule with water.
- Add 1–2 drops to a glass of water or rice milk.
- Put 1–2 drops onto a piece of bread or add to your meals when cooking.
- Drop directly onto the tongue and swallow. Exercise extreme caution when using this method. Many essential oils are potent and should be tested by pouring a single drop onto a spoon and tasting a small portion to determine the amount of oil to be used.
Sign up today! Independent distributors receive a 24% discount off retail pricing!
For more information on Young Living Essential Oils contact me, Amy Hunter Drago at 928-300-0992, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
And visit www.youngliving.com
(The above information © Young Living Essential Oils)